warmer weather=better outfits!

It's no secret that I HATE winter. Well, I just hate winter weather.  In my part of Canada the winter weather can be bitterly cold, snow softly falling, blizzards or rain.  I don't like snow (except on Christmas Day) or the unpredictability of our winters.  A few weeks ago it felt like spring but now it's snowing again.  Siiiiigh....

But, to perk me up I decided to go through my closet and select some of my favourite outfits for spring!  Even just trying them on made me feel better.  Hopefully I'll actually be able to wear them soon!  I'm sadly still sproting winter gear.

(I'm totally looking past the camera...haha!  In this picture I realized I look A LOT like my mom.  Eeeeerie!)
Blouse: Suzy Shier
Cardigan: Zellers (old)
Pants: Zellers (heart patch on cuff sewn on by me)
Shoes: Payless

I LOVEEEEE these pants!  They are literally the most comfortable thing I own.
Tank Top: Old Navy
Cardigan: Gifted to me
Pants: Suzy Shier
Shoes: Payless

Blouse: Cleo
Cardigan: Zellers
Belt: from an old dress
Pants: Suzy Shier
Shoes: Payless


This is the shortest hemline I've ever worn bare leg!  I actually did wear this to work once and it was fine because I sat behind a desk.  I'd normally wear this when I'm going out with my friends or husband.
Dress: Bootlegger years ago
Cardigan: Walmart
Belt: came with a pair of pants
Shoes: Walmart

I would like to make a few disclaimers about my outfits:

Labels:

Our Wood Home: warmer weather=better outfits!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

warmer weather=better outfits!

It's no secret that I HATE winter. Well, I just hate winter weather.  In my part of Canada the winter weather can be bitterly cold, snow softly falling, blizzards or rain.  I don't like snow (except on Christmas Day) or the unpredictability of our winters.  A few weeks ago it felt like spring but now it's snowing again.  Siiiiigh....

But, to perk me up I decided to go through my closet and select some of my favourite outfits for spring!  Even just trying them on made me feel better.  Hopefully I'll actually be able to wear them soon!  I'm sadly still sproting winter gear.

(I'm totally looking past the camera...haha!  In this picture I realized I look A LOT like my mom.  Eeeeerie!)
Blouse: Suzy Shier
Cardigan: Zellers (old)
Pants: Zellers (heart patch on cuff sewn on by me)
Shoes: Payless

I LOVEEEEE these pants!  They are literally the most comfortable thing I own.
Tank Top: Old Navy
Cardigan: Gifted to me
Pants: Suzy Shier
Shoes: Payless

Blouse: Cleo
Cardigan: Zellers
Belt: from an old dress
Pants: Suzy Shier
Shoes: Payless


This is the shortest hemline I've ever worn bare leg!  I actually did wear this to work once and it was fine because I sat behind a desk.  I'd normally wear this when I'm going out with my friends or husband.
Dress: Bootlegger years ago
Cardigan: Walmart
Belt: came with a pair of pants
Shoes: Walmart

I would like to make a few disclaimers about my outfits:
  • Besides the dress in the last picture, I never wear short hemlines!  I don't think it's always appropriate for a married woman.  That being said, This outfit works for me because my arms are covered and my shoes are simple.  I never wear flip flops (Birkenstocks or heels!) but my black heels would have made this look too trashy.
  • I have a hard time justifying spending a lot of money on my clothing.  I keep, uh...expanding in certain places so I tend to outgrow my clothes (weird for a 23 year old).  I will spend a lot on shoes because I have sensitive feet and on jeans because it's hard to find a good fit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home