loving this warm weather!

Spring is notoriously unpredictable weather-wise!  This past weekend started with snow but ended up being nice and sunny...weird!
I've been itching to start my gardens and this weather is making me even more excited!  I've already started to grow some herbs indoors and remove the dead stuff from the existing gardens.  I thought they would be pretty sparse and yucky, but it turns out I was only part right.  Once I pulled out all the dead, ground cover plants I saw a lot of bulb plants starting to sprout.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they are!  I still have lots to do, but I think it will be a lot of fun.  I've always wanted my own garden space:)
David and I are also planning a giant veggie garden!  There used to be one on the property years ago so we will just reuse the existing space.  It's right in the front yard, which we think is kind of neat.  Yesterday we made a trip to town and bought some seeds. 

We are also getting some heirloom tomato plants from someone we know.  Aaaaand we are going to grow potatoes!!  I'm so excited, haha!

David loves outdoor work and wants our land to look nice, so we are going to be comfortably busy this spring and summer.  We have great plans for our yard, so be sure to check back often.

Enjoy this gorgeous weather!

Labels:

Our Wood Home: loving this warm weather!

Monday, April 22, 2013

loving this warm weather!

Spring is notoriously unpredictable weather-wise!  This past weekend started with snow but ended up being nice and sunny...weird!
I've been itching to start my gardens and this weather is making me even more excited!  I've already started to grow some herbs indoors and remove the dead stuff from the existing gardens.  I thought they would be pretty sparse and yucky, but it turns out I was only part right.  Once I pulled out all the dead, ground cover plants I saw a lot of bulb plants starting to sprout.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they are!  I still have lots to do, but I think it will be a lot of fun.  I've always wanted my own garden space:)
David and I are also planning a giant veggie garden!  There used to be one on the property years ago so we will just reuse the existing space.  It's right in the front yard, which we think is kind of neat.  Yesterday we made a trip to town and bought some seeds. 

We are also getting some heirloom tomato plants from someone we know.  Aaaaand we are going to grow potatoes!!  I'm so excited, haha!

David loves outdoor work and wants our land to look nice, so we are going to be comfortably busy this spring and summer.  We have great plans for our yard, so be sure to check back often.

Enjoy this gorgeous weather!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home