garden art

Yesterday I started an awesome and super easy project for my garden.  The most difficult part was actually finding what I needed!! 


What you're looking at is a genuine vintage bike with flowers in the basket!   I found the bike online for $50 and all I did was apply 3 cans of a clear, sealing spray paint (so the bike wouldn't rust in the rain).  I covered every single surface of the bike, even the seat and tires, with clear coat just to be safe...I didn't want the rubber to fade in the sunlight.

I then bought some marigolds and planted them in some pots I already had.  I added the flowers by the tire just for fun:)

I know this project is soooo simple, but I love it!


Labels:

Our Wood Home: garden art

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

garden art

Yesterday I started an awesome and super easy project for my garden.  The most difficult part was actually finding what I needed!! 


What you're looking at is a genuine vintage bike with flowers in the basket!   I found the bike online for $50 and all I did was apply 3 cans of a clear, sealing spray paint (so the bike wouldn't rust in the rain).  I covered every single surface of the bike, even the seat and tires, with clear coat just to be safe...I didn't want the rubber to fade in the sunlight.

I then bought some marigolds and planted them in some pots I already had.  I added the flowers by the tire just for fun:)

I know this project is soooo simple, but I love it!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home