Today I'm haring a super easy tutorial for making Christmas stockings. I used a thrifted plaid shirt to give it a rustic look but Christmas-y material would look nice too.
Here's what you need:
- needle and thread (or a sewing machine)
- straight pins (optional)
|Tracing out 2 stockings. |
|Of course the cat wants to help!|
- Draw a stocking shape on your material using chalk. I used a template made of cardboard.
- If using straight pins, place them on the inside of the stocking outline to hold fabric in place.
- Cut out stocking and put the "wrong" sides together.
- Sew inside out, leaving the top open.
- Turn stocking right side out and stitch a cuff, if desired.
I was inspired to make stockings for my husband and I because my mother-in-law made some for her family when David was small. Over the years she made one for me and all their dogs too. They actually have a fireplace to hang the stockings on, but we don't. So I chose to hang ours on the railing in our living room.
David's stocking in the one on the left and mine is the right hand one with lace.
I hope this inspires you to make your own unique holiday stockings!
Labels: DIY, holidays