Goals for 2014

Do you make resolutions each year?  I sure don't.  But having goals is always a good idea, and it seems to make sense to start focusing on them at the start of a new year.  Here is my attainable goal list for 2014 (in no particular order)


  1. Find a job
  2. Take more online classes
  3. Stop using my credit card completely  
  4. Save $10,000
  5. Finish landscaping the yard
  6. Decide on paint colours for the rest of the house
  7. Redo the basement bathroom
  8. Stain the decks
  9. Have monthly date nights
  10. Go to church on Sunday
All of my goals are things I can do if I really apply myself.  Like finding a job, for instance.  I've struggled with finding a permanent job since I finished college in 2010.  I've held various contracts but I'm looking for something longer lasting.  I'm going to accomplish that by utilizing career counselors and taking online classes to build my skill set.

Refraining from using my credit card and saving money go together...I don't need to use my credit card because we have the money to buy things we need.  But sometimes one loses track of time and may forget to pay the credit card bill on time...which is what maybe happens with me.  Using just my debit card will help me save money because it's easier to track my spending and balances.  I'm going to accomplish my goal of saving $10,000 either by hiring an investor or putting my money into high interest savings accounts.  

All the house related goals are easily accomplished in a few weekends.  But finding the motivation to do it may be a bit more difficult.  

David and I decided to have a monthly dinner date out.  We both enjoy going out and limiting to 1 night a month will give us something to look forward to but also helps us save money.  

Going to church on Sunday may be the hardest on my list.  We used to attend a church together before we were married but left when the pastor made some serious changes.  We tried various churches in our area before taking a break.  Once we got married and moved to our new home we weren't that motivated to find a new church.  But a friend of mine invited us to hers, so starting January we will be visiting there.  I'm hoping it's a good fit for us!  If not, I'm not sure what to do next.

Do you have any resolutions or goals for 2014?  I'd love to hear them!
Our Wood Home: Goals for 2014

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goals for 2014

Do you make resolutions each year?  I sure don't.  But having goals is always a good idea, and it seems to make sense to start focusing on them at the start of a new year.  Here is my attainable goal list for 2014 (in no particular order)


  1. Find a job
  2. Take more online classes
  3. Stop using my credit card completely  
  4. Save $10,000
  5. Finish landscaping the yard
  6. Decide on paint colours for the rest of the house
  7. Redo the basement bathroom
  8. Stain the decks
  9. Have monthly date nights
  10. Go to church on Sunday
All of my goals are things I can do if I really apply myself.  Like finding a job, for instance.  I've struggled with finding a permanent job since I finished college in 2010.  I've held various contracts but I'm looking for something longer lasting.  I'm going to accomplish that by utilizing career counselors and taking online classes to build my skill set.

Refraining from using my credit card and saving money go together...I don't need to use my credit card because we have the money to buy things we need.  But sometimes one loses track of time and may forget to pay the credit card bill on time...which is what maybe happens with me.  Using just my debit card will help me save money because it's easier to track my spending and balances.  I'm going to accomplish my goal of saving $10,000 either by hiring an investor or putting my money into high interest savings accounts.  

All the house related goals are easily accomplished in a few weekends.  But finding the motivation to do it may be a bit more difficult.  

David and I decided to have a monthly dinner date out.  We both enjoy going out and limiting to 1 night a month will give us something to look forward to but also helps us save money.  

Going to church on Sunday may be the hardest on my list.  We used to attend a church together before we were married but left when the pastor made some serious changes.  We tried various churches in our area before taking a break.  Once we got married and moved to our new home we weren't that motivated to find a new church.  But a friend of mine invited us to hers, so starting January we will be visiting there.  I'm hoping it's a good fit for us!  If not, I'm not sure what to do next.

Do you have any resolutions or goals for 2014?  I'd love to hear them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home