outfits for work

My first real job was at a clothing store while I was in college.  It was only temporary and lasted a few months.  My next job was 2 years later when I graduated; I worked in Admissions at a university.  It was the first time I really had to dress in nice clothes so I mostly wore dress pants and a sweater.  Over the years I've held lots of jobs with varying dress codes: one that encouraged jeans or shorts and another that recommends suits.  My current job is at a jewelry store so the dress code is halfway between business casual and business formal.  I've been wearing a lot of dresses and cardigans because they look nice and I love wearing dresses!

Here are 3 examples of what I wore to work recently.

Dress: Suzy Shier
Sweater: Old Navy
Belt: H&M

Sweater: Joe Fresh
Skirt: Smart Set
Tights: Walmart
Dress: Suzy Shier
Sweater: Cleo
Pin on sweater: Michael's
Belt: unknown

same dress as above, just without sweater
The first dress is one I bought last spring but never had the chance to wear.  It was a little short to be wearing bare leg for most events and my job at the time was very casual.  I ended up layering with tights and a cardigan to make it winter ready.

The peplum skirt is a piece I bought over a year ago because it's pretty and was drastically marked down in price.  Again, I had no occasion to wear it until now.  I wasn't sure what sort of top to pair it with but I decided to go with a striped sweater that was both warm and nice looking. After I took the pictures I took off my red headband and added a red belt to the skirt.  

Finally, the last outfit is one of my all time favourites.  I got this dress several years ago at my mom's urging (even though I wasn't really into dresses).  I avoided wearing it for a while but instantly  loved it as soon as I wore it.  The picture really doesn't do it justice, but it is slim fitting in all the right places and nips in at the waist.  The only drawback to this dress is the inability to gracefully  exit a car or climb lots of stairs, but it's not a big deal.  
The last dress is also a fav of mine because it makes me feel feminine.  Sometimes my short hair makes me feel sightly boyish so I try to compensate by dressing extra girly.  I feel like this dress accomplishes that while still looking mature and professional.   

Do you have a favourite or go-to outfit?


Labels:

Our Wood Home: outfits for work

Friday, December 6, 2013

outfits for work

My first real job was at a clothing store while I was in college.  It was only temporary and lasted a few months.  My next job was 2 years later when I graduated; I worked in Admissions at a university.  It was the first time I really had to dress in nice clothes so I mostly wore dress pants and a sweater.  Over the years I've held lots of jobs with varying dress codes: one that encouraged jeans or shorts and another that recommends suits.  My current job is at a jewelry store so the dress code is halfway between business casual and business formal.  I've been wearing a lot of dresses and cardigans because they look nice and I love wearing dresses!

Here are 3 examples of what I wore to work recently.

Dress: Suzy Shier
Sweater: Old Navy
Belt: H&M

Sweater: Joe Fresh
Skirt: Smart Set
Tights: Walmart
Dress: Suzy Shier
Sweater: Cleo
Pin on sweater: Michael's
Belt: unknown

same dress as above, just without sweater
The first dress is one I bought last spring but never had the chance to wear.  It was a little short to be wearing bare leg for most events and my job at the time was very casual.  I ended up layering with tights and a cardigan to make it winter ready.

The peplum skirt is a piece I bought over a year ago because it's pretty and was drastically marked down in price.  Again, I had no occasion to wear it until now.  I wasn't sure what sort of top to pair it with but I decided to go with a striped sweater that was both warm and nice looking. After I took the pictures I took off my red headband and added a red belt to the skirt.  

Finally, the last outfit is one of my all time favourites.  I got this dress several years ago at my mom's urging (even though I wasn't really into dresses).  I avoided wearing it for a while but instantly  loved it as soon as I wore it.  The picture really doesn't do it justice, but it is slim fitting in all the right places and nips in at the waist.  The only drawback to this dress is the inability to gracefully  exit a car or climb lots of stairs, but it's not a big deal.  
The last dress is also a fav of mine because it makes me feel feminine.  Sometimes my short hair makes me feel sightly boyish so I try to compensate by dressing extra girly.  I feel like this dress accomplishes that while still looking mature and professional.   

Do you have a favourite or go-to outfit?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home