how I preserved wedding flowers

My husband and I got married 1 year, 3 months and 1 day ago and it still feels like only yesterday (in a good way!  the newlywed feeling never wore off!).  I framed a lot of our wedding photos to display around the house and made a special gallery beside my vanity.


Resting on the top left photo is my husband's boutonniere.  We didn't actually intend to save it but I'm so glad we did!  I'm sure there are fancy/more complicated ways to preserve flowers, but I'd like to share my version with you.  Ready? Here it is...suuuuper easy.

AIR DRY.

We accidentally left the flowers in the car for a few days, but the cool October air dried them beautifully.   Some of the petals remained but most of them got knocked off during our picture session because I just got too darn close to my new husband:)  




Not too bad for accidentally leaving them in the car!!

Our family members who had flowers in our wedding also air dried theirs and they still look great.  I really encourage people to try saving their wedding flowers this way.  It's so easy and you will be glad you did!

Notice how I didn't mention how we saved my bouquet?  This is it here...


It's made entirely of brooches and pins that I bought or were given to me by friends and family.  It's a wonderful keepsake that I get to admire every day:)

Show of hands...who would be interested in seeing a tutorial on how to make a brooch bouquet?  Let me know by commenting below, sending me an e-mail (davidswife2574@gmail.com), tweeting me @OurWoodHomeblog or even on Facebook.




Labels: ,

Our Wood Home: how I preserved wedding flowers

Monday, January 27, 2014

how I preserved wedding flowers

My husband and I got married 1 year, 3 months and 1 day ago and it still feels like only yesterday (in a good way!  the newlywed feeling never wore off!).  I framed a lot of our wedding photos to display around the house and made a special gallery beside my vanity.


Resting on the top left photo is my husband's boutonniere.  We didn't actually intend to save it but I'm so glad we did!  I'm sure there are fancy/more complicated ways to preserve flowers, but I'd like to share my version with you.  Ready? Here it is...suuuuper easy.

AIR DRY.

We accidentally left the flowers in the car for a few days, but the cool October air dried them beautifully.   Some of the petals remained but most of them got knocked off during our picture session because I just got too darn close to my new husband:)  




Not too bad for accidentally leaving them in the car!!

Our family members who had flowers in our wedding also air dried theirs and they still look great.  I really encourage people to try saving their wedding flowers this way.  It's so easy and you will be glad you did!

Notice how I didn't mention how we saved my bouquet?  This is it here...


It's made entirely of brooches and pins that I bought or were given to me by friends and family.  It's a wonderful keepsake that I get to admire every day:)

Show of hands...who would be interested in seeing a tutorial on how to make a brooch bouquet?  Let me know by commenting below, sending me an e-mail (davidswife2574@gmail.com), tweeting me @OurWoodHomeblog or even on Facebook.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home