knit scarf

On Monday I finished knitting a scarf I started last week so I was really excited to wear it out.  This is my third knitting project and the first one made for me.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out!


I used three balls of bulky wool, 8mm needles and a garter stitch to create the scarf.  Then I just bound the edges to make it an infinity scarf.  I wore this out for an errand on Monday and it kept me so warm!

Today I took my brother out for a few hours to celebrate his birthday (which was Feb. 26) and wore the scarf again.




Scarf: hand made by me
Top: Aerie
Belt: Joe Fresh
Pants: RW&Co
Boots: Spring
Purse: Winners

Side note: this is the first day I have been able to successfully wear my wedding rings in almost 2 weeks. I burned my ring finger on the broiler of my oven and my finger had swollen too much for my rings to fit.  The burn is starting to scab now which is good, but I'm anticipating a loooong healing time and a wicked scar :(  


Labels:

Our Wood Home: knit scarf

Friday, February 28, 2014

knit scarf

On Monday I finished knitting a scarf I started last week so I was really excited to wear it out.  This is my third knitting project and the first one made for me.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out!


I used three balls of bulky wool, 8mm needles and a garter stitch to create the scarf.  Then I just bound the edges to make it an infinity scarf.  I wore this out for an errand on Monday and it kept me so warm!

Today I took my brother out for a few hours to celebrate his birthday (which was Feb. 26) and wore the scarf again.




Scarf: hand made by me
Top: Aerie
Belt: Joe Fresh
Pants: RW&Co
Boots: Spring
Purse: Winners

Side note: this is the first day I have been able to successfully wear my wedding rings in almost 2 weeks. I burned my ring finger on the broiler of my oven and my finger had swollen too much for my rings to fit.  The burn is starting to scab now which is good, but I'm anticipating a loooong healing time and a wicked scar :(  


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home