Pin-spiration: floral skirt+denim jacket

I came across this blog post where the author talks about actually using Pinterest for practical fashion ideas.  She goes on to say that it's great to pin outfits you dream of buying but why not use Pinterest to get inspiration on how to use the clothes in your closet RIGHT NOW.

I'm guilty of using Pinterest way too much, and I find I rarely use/make/buy things I pin.  That's why I decided to start a mini project called Pin-spiration: using inspiration from Pinterest in real life.  The idea is to actually make the recipes I keep ogling, use the fashion ideas, make some of the crafts, etc.   Today I'll be sharing an outfit inspiration from Pinterest using items I already own.


On the left is the inspiration picture, but unfortunately I was unable to trace it back to the original pinner. The formula for this outfit is pretty simple: demin jacket, white top, floral skirt, bright bag and neutral shoes.  I thought I'd like my version (on the right)  more than the original, but I'm not loving it at all.  My jacket looks too boxy and  the skirt could be brighter.  I could also use some accessories but I've never been a fan of necklaces and a belt in summer seems too impractical for me.

What do you guys think?  Is this outfit something you might try to recreate?  Do you have any suggestions on how to improve my version?

Comment below or send me an email (davidswife2574@gmail.com) with your thoughts.  Oh, and be sure to follow me on Pinterest!


Labels: ,

Our Wood Home: Pin-spiration: floral skirt+denim jacket

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pin-spiration: floral skirt+denim jacket

I came across this blog post where the author talks about actually using Pinterest for practical fashion ideas.  She goes on to say that it's great to pin outfits you dream of buying but why not use Pinterest to get inspiration on how to use the clothes in your closet RIGHT NOW.

I'm guilty of using Pinterest way too much, and I find I rarely use/make/buy things I pin.  That's why I decided to start a mini project called Pin-spiration: using inspiration from Pinterest in real life.  The idea is to actually make the recipes I keep ogling, use the fashion ideas, make some of the crafts, etc.   Today I'll be sharing an outfit inspiration from Pinterest using items I already own.


On the left is the inspiration picture, but unfortunately I was unable to trace it back to the original pinner. The formula for this outfit is pretty simple: demin jacket, white top, floral skirt, bright bag and neutral shoes.  I thought I'd like my version (on the right)  more than the original, but I'm not loving it at all.  My jacket looks too boxy and  the skirt could be brighter.  I could also use some accessories but I've never been a fan of necklaces and a belt in summer seems too impractical for me.

What do you guys think?  Is this outfit something you might try to recreate?  Do you have any suggestions on how to improve my version?

Comment below or send me an email (davidswife2574@gmail.com) with your thoughts.  Oh, and be sure to follow me on Pinterest!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home