strawberry and peach smoothie

Recently David said he wanted to start drinking smoothies for breakfast.  He usually isn't hungry first thing in the morning so I pack some breakfasty foods in his lunch so he can eat them once he gets to work (usually it's something like banana bread or a PB&J sammie).  But smoothies are awesome as a breakfast food because they are tasty, versatile and take literally seconds to make.

We've just started making smoothies and are still figuring out what fruits and veggies taste good together.  I'm also experimenting with nuts and seeds too.  Here is a super quick and easy smoothie recipe I made the other day. I'm sure someone else has already created this recipe, and maybe even named it too. But I created this version from my own imagination and am going to call it Country Sunrise Smoothie because it reminds me of the colours in the sunrise (David said the smoothie looked like pasta sauce but that's not a very appealing name for a fruit smoothie!).

easy smoothie recipe


Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender
  2. Blend until desired consistency is reached
  3. Pour into a glass and drink!



We don't have a blender, but our small food processor works just as well and is easier to clean up.  You'll notice I used water instead of milk or juice but that's just a personal choice.  I probably would have used juice if we had any, but milk was out since David has chosen to consume less dairy.  

I made this smoothie again today as a snack for me to take to work because I tend to get pretty hungry if I'm not able to snack all day (which is the case at my new job).  But since I'm allowed to have a drink at my register I figured I may as well make it a meal in a glass!  Now I can stay hydrated and not be hungry at the same time.  Double win!!!


Are there any smoothie recipes or combos you think we should try? Let me know in the comments below or through social media (just follow the icons above the picture in the right panel of the blog).  If you haven't already done so, feel free to subscribe to my posts via e-mail (there is a little box on the right of the page).  


Labels:

Our Wood Home: strawberry and peach smoothie

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

strawberry and peach smoothie

Recently David said he wanted to start drinking smoothies for breakfast.  He usually isn't hungry first thing in the morning so I pack some breakfasty foods in his lunch so he can eat them once he gets to work (usually it's something like banana bread or a PB&J sammie).  But smoothies are awesome as a breakfast food because they are tasty, versatile and take literally seconds to make.

We've just started making smoothies and are still figuring out what fruits and veggies taste good together.  I'm also experimenting with nuts and seeds too.  Here is a super quick and easy smoothie recipe I made the other day. I'm sure someone else has already created this recipe, and maybe even named it too. But I created this version from my own imagination and am going to call it Country Sunrise Smoothie because it reminds me of the colours in the sunrise (David said the smoothie looked like pasta sauce but that's not a very appealing name for a fruit smoothie!).

easy smoothie recipe


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 cup peaches (fresh or frozen)
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 cup water
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender
  2. Blend until desired consistency is reached
  3. Pour into a glass and drink!



We don't have a blender, but our small food processor works just as well and is easier to clean up.  You'll notice I used water instead of milk or juice but that's just a personal choice.  I probably would have used juice if we had any, but milk was out since David has chosen to consume less dairy.  

I made this smoothie again today as a snack for me to take to work because I tend to get pretty hungry if I'm not able to snack all day (which is the case at my new job).  But since I'm allowed to have a drink at my register I figured I may as well make it a meal in a glass!  Now I can stay hydrated and not be hungry at the same time.  Double win!!!


Are there any smoothie recipes or combos you think we should try? Let me know in the comments below or through social media (just follow the icons above the picture in the right panel of the blog).  If you haven't already done so, feel free to subscribe to my posts via e-mail (there is a little box on the right of the page).  


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home