peach inspiration

By the time you read this post I will up at David's family cottage on Norway Bay, Quebec.  Hopefully the weather is hot and sunny because I want to spend alllllll day on the sandy beach!!

But back to this post...I'm talking about peaches today.  While they're usually available year round thanks to our neighbors in the south I prefer to buy them in season and grown in Ontario.  We got 4 big baskets of fresh peaches from the Niagara region so I've been looking for some recipe ideas to make good use of them (I've already canned some sliced peaches and made jam).

As usual, Pinterest has not failed me and provided a plethora of ideas.  Here are some of my favourites I'm dying to try!


1. Country Sunrise Smoothie, courtesy of yours truly!
2. Roasted Peach Lemonade, courtesy of The Naptime Chef
3. Raspberry Peach Iced Tea, courtesy of Damn Delicious 
4. Vanilla Honey Peach Butter, courtesy of Nutmeg Nanny
5. Cinnamon Streusel Peach Pie Bars, courtesy of Crumbs and Chaos
6. Triple Vanilla Dulce de Leche Peach Pie, courtesy of Hot Polka Dot
7. Glazed Peach Bread, courtesy of Deliciously Sprinkled

Is your mouth watering now?  Mine sure is!  I've made the lemonade before and it is seriously so good. I am likely sipping a big glass at the cottage right now;)

I mentioned earlier that I made some peach jam and tried my hand at canning fresh peaches, so I'll be sure to share my experience with that soon!

Thanks for reading; I'll post an update about our little vacay once we get back home.


Labels:

Our Wood Home: peach inspiration

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

peach inspiration

By the time you read this post I will up at David's family cottage on Norway Bay, Quebec.  Hopefully the weather is hot and sunny because I want to spend alllllll day on the sandy beach!!

But back to this post...I'm talking about peaches today.  While they're usually available year round thanks to our neighbors in the south I prefer to buy them in season and grown in Ontario.  We got 4 big baskets of fresh peaches from the Niagara region so I've been looking for some recipe ideas to make good use of them (I've already canned some sliced peaches and made jam).

As usual, Pinterest has not failed me and provided a plethora of ideas.  Here are some of my favourites I'm dying to try!


1. Country Sunrise Smoothie, courtesy of yours truly!
2. Roasted Peach Lemonade, courtesy of The Naptime Chef
3. Raspberry Peach Iced Tea, courtesy of Damn Delicious 
4. Vanilla Honey Peach Butter, courtesy of Nutmeg Nanny
5. Cinnamon Streusel Peach Pie Bars, courtesy of Crumbs and Chaos
6. Triple Vanilla Dulce de Leche Peach Pie, courtesy of Hot Polka Dot
7. Glazed Peach Bread, courtesy of Deliciously Sprinkled

Is your mouth watering now?  Mine sure is!  I've made the lemonade before and it is seriously so good. I am likely sipping a big glass at the cottage right now;)

I mentioned earlier that I made some peach jam and tried my hand at canning fresh peaches, so I'll be sure to share my experience with that soon!

Thanks for reading; I'll post an update about our little vacay once we get back home.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home